What’s going on? I hope you are doing well. If you are searching for the best chainsaw under 300, this is the right place for you.
If you think chainsaws are expensive, hard to find the best deal or average quality under $300. You are certainly wrong. Technology has advanced rapidly in all sectors in this modern era.
Today, you can find an all-rounder best chainsaw under $300 with good features & build quality.
With our personal experience, features of chainsaws, and user reviews, we categorized 8 chainsaws as the best ones in the market.
From trimming unnecessary branches of trees in the garden to sawing firewood in the jungle, these 8 chainsaws are capable of doing everything at ease.
For selecting the best chainsaw model with matching your requirements, Checkout our detailed review of these eight best chainsaws.
10 Best chainsaw under 300 review
Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw
Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw is a gas-powered compact chainsaw. This chainsaw is a casual chainsaw designed to start-up easily. It’s designed to be lightweight, easy to handle, and vibration-free, which gives a comfortable sawing work done.
This chainsaw is gas-powered and fuel-efficient. Husqvarna focused on environmental pollution too. They made exhaust emissions reduced by 60%.
Husqvarna Chainsaw 120 Mark II is powered by a smooth 2-Stroke 38.2 cc X-Torq® engine. Its chain speed is 55 ft/s, which produces noise below 109 dbA. Weight is 4.85 pounds. Dimension is 30 x 9.25 x 4.21 inches. Its fuel capacity is 276.2 ml. The bar size is 14 inches. Vibration levels of front and rear are 2.1 m/s² & 2.7 m/s². It’s maximum rotation power speed is 9000 rpm.
- X-Torq engine produces 1.88 hp power and lowers fuel consumption.
- Choke start & stop are combined. Engine flood risk minimization.
- Centrifugal air cleaning system for longer engine lifespan & rarely air filter cleaning.
- LowVib mechanism for reducing vibration level.
- 2 years warranty for extended use.
- Powerful reliable engine.
- Easy maneuverability.
- Lightweight design for easy carrying.
- Chain brake & lock for safety purposes.
- Low vibration for comfortable sawing.
- Not suitable for heavy work.
- Rare use might not unlock the full potential.
Verdicts – Husqvarna 120 Mark II Chainsaw is considered one of the best gas chainsaw under 300. This chainsaw features a powerful engine for everyday work. From carrying to sawing, does the job perfectly.
From beginners to professionals, this chainsaw is an overall fit for everyone.
Craftsman S165 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Craftsman S165 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw is a powerful gas-powered chainsaw. It Starts easily with Easy Smart Technology, and A 3-point anti-vibration system makes this chainsaw comfortable in hand. The engine is powerful enough for everyday work.
Its 16 inches strong chain bar with a low kickback feature ensures proper sawing against big trees.
Craftsman S165 Chainsaw is powered by a 42cc full crank Craftsman 2 cycle engine. This engine provides greater power than regulars. Weight is 21.6 pounds. Dimension is 28.5 x 9.75 x 11.25 inches. The bar size is 16 inches. The handlebar is fully wrapped cushion aluminum made.
- The 42cc engine provides stable high-output power.
- Easy Start Technology.
- 3-point anti-vibration system.
- Safety with chain brake (inertia-activated).
- 2 years warranty period.
The powerful engine cuts smoothly.
Lightweight to carry around.
Good body balance while sawing.
Automatic chain oiler.
Low kickback feature.
- Unused long period leads to a tough startup.
- The chain tensioner was poorly designed.
Verdicts – Craftsman S165 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw is quite a powerful saw in this price range. From easy start-up to sawing big trees, this chainsaw can do it safely. For those who need a powerful chainsaw for home use, this chainsaw has it all. It’s a no-brainer buy.
Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw features OxyPower engine technology, and it’s a powerful engine for heavy-duty work. An Effortless starting system gives the first startup a fewer pull with 30% less pull force.
This chainsaw is fuel-efficient by 20 percent and gives 70 percent fewer emissions. It’s 20 inches bar cuts through all.
Poulan Pro 20 in. A 50cc 2 stroke engine powers 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw. Combined chokes for easy start & stop options. Dimension is 12 x 16 x 11.8 inches. Weight is 17 pounds. Chain & bar size is 20 inches. Combi tool available in the rear handle integrated.
- Integrated filtering system for good air filter life.
- Effortless Pull-Start System(EPS) for an easy start.
- Auto chain oiling function.
- Low vibration for stable sawing.
- Extended two years warranty.
- Efficient & powerful engine.
- Spark plug & air filter easy accessibility.
- Good quality carrying case.
- Chain tensioning with convenient side adjust.
- Durable & stable idle mode.
- Heavier than regular chainsaws.
- Carburetor needs frequent adjustment.
Verdicts – Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw comes from a reputed brand. This chainsaw is an awesome one if you need both power and convenient regular use. With so many life easing features, it’s one of the best chainsaws under £300. From our perspective, it’s a good chainsaw.
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw is a cordless battery-powered chainsaw. It offers up to 100 cuts on a single charge, with 4.0 Ah battery power is enough for that. It’s a brushless motor that gives 30% more power than traditional chainsaws. When sawing woods, this motor gives 70 percent less vibration. It doesn’t make loud noises too.
Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw is a 40V brushless motor. Its dimension is 31 x 9 x 8.5 inches. Its weight is 10.36 pounds. A 40V 4.0Ah Li-ion battery powers this chainsaw. The battery takes 60-70 minutes for a full charge. It’s chain & bar size is 16 inches. This chainsaw can produce a power of 185 mph speed.
- Durable, lightweight build quality.
- Twin force mower with 2 blades.
- Dual battery with Smart Cut technology.
- Safe start with dual-stage start feature.
- 4 years of limited warranty.
- Good battery life.
- Low vibration than gas chainsaws.
- 5 stage height adjustment.
- Low kickback chain with brake.
- Automatic chain oiler.
- Single charger for two batteries.
- Low-quality handlebar rubber grip.
Verdicts – Greenworks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw can be very useful, from everyday lawn mowing to cutting woods. Good battery life and enough power ensure everyday sawing. For those who are thinking of buying it, it’s a good decision. It’s a maintenance-free chainsaw with good value.
Worx WG322 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw
Worx WG322 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw is an electric chainsaw powered by a 20V battery. This chainsaw is compact & lightweight. It’s ideal for daily use. It has enough power for cutting trees and chopping limbs. The battery gives enough power for regular sawing.
Worx WG322 Chainsaw features a 20V 4.0Ah battery. It’s motor extracts 12 AMP powers. It’s dimension is 25 x 7.5 x 9.5 inches. It’s very lightweight, only 6.19 pounds. Chain bar length is 10 inches. Its chain speed is 12.5 FT/S for effortless cuts.
- Anti-tensioning system for proper chain running.
- Anti-vibration handle for steady handling.
- Battery indicator for notification.
- Charger included with the battery.
- 3 years limited warranty.
- Automatic chain oiler.
- Handguard for safety.
- 10 inches bar length.
- Very stable, low kickbacks.
- Good battery backup.
- Charging takes some time.
- One-color available.
Verdicts – Worx WG322 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw is an affordable cordless chainsaw with great features. This chainsaw has every necessary feature needed for everyday use. If you want to buy it, you are good to go.
Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw
Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw is made for home users & professionals. It made this chainsaw for heavy-duty woodcutting, and this is powerful with many advantages. This is an electric corded chainsaw. It performs on par with gas-powered chainsaws.
A 14.5Amp brushless motor powers Makita 16″ Electric Chain Saw. Dimension is 10 x 24.2 x 10.5 inches. Its weight is 14 pounds. Chain bar size is 16 inches. The chain rotates at 2,900 Fpm. Its oil tank capacity is 6.8oz.
- Engineered to cut smoothly & quickly.
- Professional-grade components for a sturdy build.
- Rubberized grip for low vibration & easy handling.
- Larger trigger switch for easy startup.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Motor protection for overheating.
- Visible oil reservoir.
- Chain oiler automated.
- Extra current limiter.
- Maintenance-free blade & chain adjustment.
- Slightly expensive.
- Oil reservoir in an awkward position.
Verdicts – Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw is what we should call a professional home chainsaw. Its power, features & durability make this chainsaw considered one of the best chainsaw under $500.
WORX WG320 20V Power Share Cordless 6-inch JawSaw Chainsaw
WORX WG320 20V Power Share JawSaw Cordless 6-inch Chainsaw is a lightweight cordless chainsaw. This jaw saw focused on safety features. For cutting tree branches, small works in the garden. This jaw saw is perfect for this kind of work. It can cut up to 4 inches of wood or tree branches. This jaw saw has a steel tooth jaw for easy grabbing materials.
A 5amp motor powers WORX WG320 20V Power Share JawSaw. Its battery size is 20V. Its dimension is 20.6 x 14.6 x 8.1 inches. Its weight is 11.68 pounds. Charging takes an average of 3 hours. Its oil tank capacity is 30Ml.
- A fully protective guard for safety.
- Handle extension for extra tall branches.
- Chain management with auto tensioner.
- 1350 RPMs power for smooth cutting.
- 3 years of limited warranty.
- Automatic Chain oiler.
- Safest jaw saw with blade enclosed.
- Lightweight to carry around.
- The battery lasts long.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Battery charging takes time.
- Cutting limited to 4 inches.
Verdicts – WORX WG320 20V Power Share JawSaw Cordless 6-inch Chainsaw is a compact chainsaw. For those who want to do little task frequently, this jaw saw is perfect for them. It has enough power and good features for small works. This chainsaw is the perfect value for money.
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Chainsaw
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Chainsaw is a compact battery powered cordless chainsaw. It’s a perfect choice for lawn and garden works. The 20V battery in this chainsaw makes sure that sawing should be hassle-free for a long time. It can cut logs up to 10 inches. Suitable for light pruning.
A 20V lithium-ion battery powers BLACK+DECKER Cordless Chainsaw. Its dimension is 16.7 x 8.81 x 9.63 inches. Weight is 7.2 pounds. Chain & bar size is 10 inches. The bar type in Oregon. The normal voltage of the battery is 18V. The battery takes 3 to 5 hours for a full charge.
- Oregon low kickback chain and bar.
- Built-in chain tensioning system.
- Auto oiler for easy lubrication of the chain.
- The dual handle bale design.
- Handguard for protection.
- Compact for work around anywhere.
- The Li-ion battery gives 5x charge.
- Very low noise.
- Easy startup mechanism.
- 2 years warranty.
- Not fuel-efficient.
- Chain oiler sometimes doesn’t work.
Verdicts – BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Chainsawis a perfect deal for house works. Sometimes tree branches pruning, sometimes sawing firewoods, this chainsaw can do this works perfectly on a single charge. With so many features, this chainsaw is a perfect buy for home jobs.
Buying Guide for Best Chainsaw Under 300
When buying a chainsaw, we should focus on what features are necessary for the best chainsaws under 300.
There are some key factors available when buying a chainsaw. For calling a chainsaw the best one, we have to look for some features like –
There are three major types of chainsaw available.
i. Gas-powered Chainsaw
This type of chainsaw shows maximum cutting power and does a lot of noise and vibration. It’s suitable for professional-grade jobs.
ii. Electric Corded Chainsaw.
This type of chainsaw is also powerful enough for cutting big trees. But it has limited mobility because of the cord. It’s suitable for high to medium level sawing jobs.
iii.Battery-powered Cordless Chainsaw.
The battery-powered chainsaw is very popular for mobility. For doing small jobs like garden pruning, tree branches cutting this chainsaw is a perfect match.
Length of Bar
In every chainsaw, bar length is an important factor. Because what kind of tress, you would be cutting, what’s the thickness of wood you want to cut. Those all depend on bar length.
Bar length usually comes in 6 to 20 inches. For professional work, a large bar is needed. For small works in-home or home yard, a minimum size bar does the job.
Easy to Use
In previous times, the chainsaw was scary and hard to use. Nowadays, with so many features, even a beginner can do sawing work without breaking a sweat.
But for new users, we always suggest going for lightweight models to grasp the mechanism of the chainsaw.
Features of Chain
There are some features we must look for in the chainsaw. Those are mostly safety features of chain and life easing features. Some of them are –
· Automate Chain Oiler
· Bucking Spikes
· Chain Brake
· Low Kickback Chain
· Low Vibration
· Automatic Chain Adjuster
· Kill Switch
Safety pieces of equipment
There are some precautions needed while doing saw work. We know that chainsaws usually come with many safety features. But for extra precautions, there are some necessary gears we might need to wear. Our recommendations are –
· Cut-proof gloves with good grip.
· Eyeshield for eye protection.
· A good Helmet.
· Ear protection from noise using earplugs.
· A high-quality pair of boots.
· A Jacket if needed.
This buying guide information would help you choose a good chainsaw if you are new in this market. Without good features, a chainsaw would seem a waste of money.
What are good gas chainsaw options [under $300]?
· Those three are the best gas chainsaw under $300 at this moment.
· HUSQVARNA 120 MARK II 14 IN. GAS CHAINSAW
· CRAFTSMAN S165 42CC FULL CRANK 2-CYCLE GAS CHAINSAW
· POULAN PRO 20 IN. 50CC 2-CYCLE GAS CHAINSAW
What’s the Ideal Guide Bar Length?
· Usually, the ideal guide bar length is from 12 inches to 16 inches. But for professional works, it ranges from 16 inches+.
What is a good electric corded chainsaw [under $300]?
· MAKITA UC4051A 16″ ELECTRIC CHAIN SAW is considered a good electric corded chainsaw under $300 for both home & professional sawing.
To figure out the Chainsaw Under 300, we went through testing lots of chainsaws in different categories. From gas-powered chainsaws to electric cordless chainsaws, we reviewed some of the best chainsaws under 300 here.
Each chainsaw featured here – have some unique features, pros, and cons. We tried our best to give enough explanation to match your requirements.
Those 8 best chainsaws featured here are the best bang of the buck and wouldn’t zap your wallet.
After reading this article, we hope those reviews would help you determine what you needed in a chainsaw and get the best chainsaw from the list. Have a good day.